Photography is a way for me to be still in the moment. I walk the paths of West Marin feeling the vastness, beauty, and silence of the lands. I take a breath, let it out, and click the shutter.
I started my professional photography career working in a studio in Hollywood, California. Spending the days shooting film, playing with Polaroids and creating album covers was my introduction to photography. After three fun filled years I moved to the SF Bay Area to open my own studio. For 25 years I owned and operated a successful studio in Silicon Valley which I loved. I eventually found my way to Inverness, California where I spend my days teaching photography at Gallery Route One in Point Reyes and exploring new ways to create with the digital tools photography has to offer. I have a studio behind my house and participate in Open Studios. It's a wonderful life being a "gentle woman photographer living in the country". Best Wishes- Elizabeth Fenwick.
Current Resume and Showings
- Board Member, Gallery Route One. Point Reyes California.
- Organizer/Digital Photography teacher of Gallery Route One's Latino Photography Project.
- Member. Dane Palace Art Committee.
- 2012-2016. Point Reyes Open Studios.
- 2016. Vista4Art. The Depot. Mill Valley, California.
- 2013. Point Reyes Open Studio Group Show at Toby's Gallery, Point Reyes, California.
- 2012. Toby's Gallery iPhoneography show Point Reyes.
- 2012. "SkyLines". The Blackbird. Inverness, California.
- 2012. Exhibition of Photographs. Dance Palace. Point Reyes, California.
- 2006. Exhibition of Photographs. Worthington Gallery, Butler, Maryland.
- 2005-2007. Group Photography Exhibit. Art for Lands Sake. Green Spring Valley, Maryland.